August 11, 2015

explosion au ville


 By the time I ambled round to Marys place - she was out, minding the English Library in Quillan - the pompiers were cleaning up. (see post below)

Philippe is being treated in Montpelier, say the neighbours; the jolly cross neighbours. Three houses are badly effected by the explosion and escaping with ones life was regarded as a blessing. I heard the blast, from a distance of a 4 min walk - it did occur to me that it was an explosion because I've heard them before but naturally I dismissed the idea as daft and thought it was one of those mysterious claps of thunder that occasionally happen. Struck me as odd that there was no rain following through. And that the dog wasn't fretting.

Nice to have an excuse to hang out in the street and chat though wish Philippe wasn't burnt -


No comments:

Post a Comment