August 30, 2015

Bravo Esperaza

Bob and I overnighted in l'lse-sur-la-Sorgue in order to close my exhibition there (which went very well, thank you). The journeys there and back were horrific, involving hot sun and intense traffic. Returning to Esperaza in time for the last of the night markets felt like being let out of prison - there were all our mates and the towns' bon viveurs, partying away under the full moon....  though poor Bob was too knackered to come out, I did his share of celebrating.

Looking at my photos this morning I reaslise they are the visual equivalent of drunken ramblings.

My main regret is that new-girl-in-town, Kelly, hasn't come out well. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to snap her - shes bought a house just off the market square opposite the post office. And she's an artist :)

There was no music. It had been advertised but the gossip was that they just hadn't turned up. Then they did, to everyones delight; scantily clad young women with frantically energetic bottoms dancing to two drummers and a whistle.


All the internationl community and the french residents agreed; its a pity the night markets are ended. Its been a lovely season. Thanks to all for their hard work in planning and realising the many events, the food, wine and jolly ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment