June 26, 2015

yesterday...

...trotted off to Carcassonne to get supplies. Realised that something was up when the train wasn't waiting at Limoux; the huddled masses hung around in the hot sun until anther bus arrived to take us on to town.
Why, oh why, didn't I go into the station and check things out?? Alas, I didn't - so it was just after 3.00 when I discovered my only chance of getting back was on a bus 10 mins after 7.00pm. ( strike - at least I think what 'pour les raisons sociale' meant)

Hung about in the even hotter sun, grinding my teeth somewhat. Then pulled myself together and trotted off to the Beaux Arts where there was no expo as they are between shows. The good news is that the long-awaited Dufy opens on the 4th July and I bagged an invite to the vernissage on the 3rd.

Time well wasted after all -




All this messing about meant I got home at 8.30 and missed the MJC event which I'd been looking forward to. I'm told it was excellent -

No comments:

Post a Comment